Couldn't get connection factory client

I got this error: ERROR/MapActivity(258): Couldn't get connection factory client

Everything worked fine, it’s all of a sudden, how come that happens?
I know my api key is fine, because one month I’ve been using it perfectly.
How come all of a sudden it doesn’t show me the map activity, and posts that error in the logcat?

  • How to fill RecyclerView Adapter with Firebase
  • Android No Resource Identifier Found for XLargeScreens
  • Posting to Ruby on Rails app from android
  • Android Export signed application package error
  • Displaying an Image Downloaded from the Internet as Annotation - Using Picasso
  • Android video streaming example
  • Related posts:

    Android refresh current activity
    Is there a way to determine if Android app is running full screen?
    RecyclerView gets crashed when use notifyItemChanged from Handler using Runnable
    is SharedPreferences access time consuming?
    Loading package html + resources into webview
    How to use gradle-android-test-plugin
  • Android Studio : How to uninstall APK (or execute adb command) automatically before Run or Debug?
  • Use PreferenceActivity to configure widget, how retrieve preference?
  • PHP: How to get version from android .apk file?
  • How can i create new virtual mouse device on my android device?
  • How do I prevent other android apps from accessing my activites
  • two views with same id
  • 4 Solutions collect form web for “Couldn't get connection factory client”

    I’m getting the same problem when using getFromLocationName, with a ‘java.io.IOException:Service not Available’ error.

    I’ve done a bit of googling around and it seems this is a bug in the software.

    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8816

    I had reinstalled Android dev kit on my new system and the debug.keystore had changed.
    Once I used the keytool to make a new MD5 and registered that with Google I was back in action with a fresh apiKey.

    “Couldn’t get connection factory client” is a weird message for an invalid apiKey !

    I had the same problem with API level 8 on both emulator and a physical device (2.2) Actually, for me it never worked. Then by chance I tried on emulator API level 10 (with Google API of course), and it worked just fine.

    (Before that, I got a new MD5 with the keytool in order to register for a new apikey. However, I got exactly the same as the first time! Maybe I didn’t use the keytool correctly.)

    I had this error but nothing useful in the Logcat output to determine the AV.

    I simply cleaned my project in Eclipse and then I got a proper stack trace of the problem, which was nothing related to MapView. It was just that the MapView was based in the first activity visible.

    Android Babe is a Google Android Fan, All about Android Phones, Android Wear, Android Dev and Android Games Apps and so on.