Android Studio Rendering Problems : The following classes could not be found
I just update Android Studio, and when I restarted it, the preview window rendering failed, and I was told that
The following classes could not be found:
How to make any view background transparent? Display a loading overlay on Android screen WebView causes application restart - Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) How to retain EditText data on orientation change? Evenly spaced menu items on Toolbar Honeycomb preview - can not install my app on emulator under Eclipse
If someone can tell me what can I do to fix this rendering problem? Thank you.
5 Solutions collect form web for “Android Studio Rendering Problems : The following classes could not be found”
You have to do two things:
- be sure to have imported right appcompat-v7 library in your project structure -> dependencies
- change the theme in the preview window to not an AppCompat theme. Try with Holo.light or Holo.dark for example.
Please see the following link – here is where I found a solution that worked for me.
Rendering problems in Android Studio v 1.1 / 1.2
Changing the Android Version when rendering layouts worked for me – I flipped it back to 21 and my “Hello World” app then rendered the basic activity_main.xml OK – at 22 I got this error. I borrowed the image from this posting to show you where to click in the Design tab of the XML preview. What is wierd is that when I flip back to 22 the problem is still gone :-).
I have faced this issue when I introduced additional supporting libraries in my project IntelliJ IDEA
So for me “File” -> “Invalidate Caches…”, and select “Invalidate and Restart” option to fix this.
To use the class
ActionBarOverlayLayout you need to include this in the dependencies section of build.gradle file:
Sync the project once again and then you will find no problem
I faced this error when I created second activity in my project in the newly updated Android Studio,I solved it simply by copy pasting the whole xml code from first layout to the second and then I just removed the code that’s unnecessary.