Android emulator crashes on Ubuntu 11.10
I installed the Android SDK on my Ubuntu 11.10 (32-bit) machine. I also installed Eclipse (3.7) and the associated plugins for Android development, all on openjdk6. Using eclipse, I successfully created an Android Virtual Device (using AVD Manager). However when I try to run this virtual device, through Eclipse OR using the “emulator” Android SDK executable, the emulated device shows up for a couple of seconds and then crashes with the following message:
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue [xcb] Most likely
this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
How to debug android application built with maven Android how to open a .doc extension file? Import project with no .project file Azure MobileServicePushFailedException on Android Remove application from launcher programmatically in Android Equivalent of Clean & build in Android Studio?
emulator-arm: ../../src/xcb_io.c:273: poll_for_event: Assertion
I tried googling the problem, but could not get a working solution. Some suggested switching from openjdk to the sun/oracle jdk. I tried this (openjdk6 -> oracle jdk7), but no change in the result. Also updated Ubuntu 11.10 using the latest patches with the same result again. My machine is an IBM Thinkpad R52 with Pentium M processor 1.73GHz, 1 GB RAM, with Ubuntu running out of an external hard drive.
4 Solutions collect form web for “Android emulator crashes on Ubuntu 11.10”
I had a permissions problem, much like Pramod’s comment to the original question indicated. In my case,
ddms wasn’t executable.
Once you’re in the tools folder:
chmod +x ddms
The same approach should work if you have any other non-executable files causing similar problems.
I also faced the same problem, and finally got this solution:
- Newly install Android SDK tools & Support Library from AVD manager
- Don’t use an old SDK which is copied from previous place
- Download latest SDK from Android AVD manager
- Set Preferences
Finally, restart Eclipse & PC
I may not have the solution for you problem, but I stopped using the emulator a few months ago and switched it with an x86 virtual machine inside a virtual box, it is so much faster (actually it’s about 4 times faster than my HTC sensation).
you can find all the details and installation instructions here:
hope it helps.
To fix this, in Linux Ubantu >14, I did things as follows,
- Downloaded and reinstalled the latest Eclipse, 64bit in my case.
- I had the SDK so I pointed the directory in the Eclipse–>Preferences–>Android option.
- Used Chown recursively, to take over the ownership of these folders: SDK, .android and all the backed up folders that had my project.
- Used chmod recursively to give the executable permission to the executsbles in SDK.
- followed How to install ia32-libs in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) in case there was no fix.
- followed How to diagnose "Error executing aapt" error in Eclipse? in case there was no fix.
- Correct the path of NDK in the preference as well in case there was no fix.